Re: task packages ???

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 09:14:15PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sven wrote:
> > >
> > > It is a subjective decision, the 10% is just a guideline that we try to
> > > follow. The rationale for this is that if there are too many task
> > > packages listed in tasksel, it defeats the purpose of having an
> > > interface for new users that is very easy to understand.
> > >
> > > I think ocaml is borderline. Joey, what do you think?
>
> I think it's below the line. Camel is just not a widely enough known
> language imho.

First, It's caml, or more exactly Objective Caml.

I understand your reticence, ...

That said, there is not a single exemplar of functional languages in the tasks
proposed at first, and ocaml is with scheme the most popular of those
languages, this may be a good reason, don't you think ?

Anyway, i guess you are the only judge on this anyway, and i don't have time
right now for a more elaborate argument.

I will submit a wish bug anyway though.