Re: task packages ???

> Ok, will do, basically, it goes as this :
>
> Task: ocaml
> Section: devel
[...]
> We are still discussing this on the debian-ocaml-maint mailing list.

When you've decided on the final list pls file a bug.

> BTW, is it better to do 2 tasks, one for the base stuff, the other for
> additional libraries, maybe not separated as above, or one lone big task, in
> order to not confuse the users ?

One is better IMO.

> mmm, tricky thing here, how do you hope to discriminate between the tasks ? Do
> you have some kind of statistic on usage, or count downloads or something such ?

It is a subjective decision, the 10% is just a guideline that we try to
follow. The rationale for this is that if there are too many task
packages listed in tasksel, it defeats the purpose of having an
interface for new users that is very easy to understand.

I think ocaml is borderline. Joey, what do you think?

The alternative to "tasks" are metapackages. For example, there is an
x-window-system-core metapackage.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>