Re: ocaml task package ...

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 02:21:13PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> task-ocaml (Depends: ocaml, ocaml-doc, ocaml-tools, ledit, camlp4,
> camlp4-doc, ocaml-findlib, camlidl, camlidl-doc, ocamlweb, tuareg-mode)
>
>    (Anyway I doubt that we can have camlidl in Woody ...)
>
> task-ocaml-libraries (Depends: camlzip, ocaml-netclient,
> ocaml-netstring, ocaml-pxp, ocaml-shell, ocaml-xstr, ocamltk, lablgl,
> lablgtk, lablgtkmathview, mlminidom, libxlib-ocaml)

Somewhere, i doubt this is a good choice, ...

As explained in my other mail to the tasksel maintainer,

maybe we should do one task alone, anyway, if people don't like the things
we provide, they just need to download them by hand, also it is possible to
select packages one by one and remove them from a task, not sure how this work
though, maybe sub-tasks would be fine, but i guess this is too late for woody.

Anyway :

for the basic ocaml tasks, i see this as follows :

ocaml, ocaml-doc, ledit, tuareg-modee, ocaml-tools, camlp4, camlp4-doc.

maybe findlib, but even so, i don't know if this is really the minmiun poeple
will want to install, i guess camlp4 is ok because it will nextly go into the
distrib, but camlidl is a wastly unknonw thingy, and i don't know about
ocamlweb.

Anyway, maybe one big fat task will be ok, don't you think ? What difference
does it make ?

BTW, will you package ocamnet, which replaces and provides ocaml-netstring and
maybe other stuff ?