Re: lablgtk & findlib

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 03:27:17PM +0100, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
>  Hi packagers,
>
>  I am the upstream author of mlminidom and lablgtkmathview whose package
>  maintainer is Zack. I am about to release the new version of the binding,
>  which uses (and provides) findlib. By the way, I need also a META file
>  for lablgtk, that is not provided upstream and whose packager is Sven.
>  How can I do? Is it possible to add the META file to the debian package
>  of lablgtk?
>  [For the upstream version, I have already asked on the m.l. of lablgtk.
>   By the way, the next upstream version will be only for OCaml 3.03.]

Err,

First, with a bit of luck, ocaml 3.03 will be ready before the woody freeze.

Anyway, i don't know anything about the META files, and am lacking time right
now, but if you can provide me with them, i will gladly include them in my
next lablgtk package.

But, i am still waiting for ocaml, lablgl and lablgtk to reach stable, and
before that happens, i will not release a new version of lablgtk, so this may
take some time (for m68k to build lablgtk, and that the hppa autobuild work
again, i am building them myself on sarti right now, and then for the
'stability' time needed for sid packages to go into woody). Right now, the
lablgl for arm and sparc in testing will not work with ocaml 3.02, since it
was built with 3.01, and lablgtk is not even in testing. So don't feel strange
if there is a little delay in the new lablgtk packages appearing.

BTW, i guess the problem is the same for lablgl, isn't it ?