Re: Preliminary version of "camlidl" deb released

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 09:41:57PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> I'd even say
>
>      Recommends: camlidl-doc
>      Depends: ocaml
>
> Policy, section 7.2, says:
>
>   The Depends field should be used if the depended-on package is
>   required for the depending package to provide a significant amount
>   of functionality.
>
> If I understand right this is the case with camidl and ocaml.

Not really, I think that one can use camlidl even whithout ocaml, just
to generate the stub code, maybe using it on other machines.
Moreover a user may have installed Caml Light and want to use camlidl
with it and not with Ocaml.

Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate student of Computer Science @ University of Bologna, Italy