Re: [camlidl

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 07:16:08PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 06:14:43PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> > No, i will not go with embedding anything in the ocaml package, the ocaml
> > package is as distributed upstream and should stay so. Also this is the wish
> > of upstream also.
> >
> > It could be a good candidate for the ocaml-tools or whatever package though.
>
> Ok, IMHO we can go for it and build camlidl and camlidl-doc packages, I
> can do it.
>
> Anyway if Ralf also think that camlidl can well suite with other
> ocaml-tools we can include it in this package, perhaps only with html
> documentation.

I absolutely understand Sven that he does not want to mix upstream
sources into one package. I started this with the ocaml-toosl package
and is very inconvenient to maintain. The package by George is 282 kb
larges, this is certaily sufficently large to be packaged alone, and
maybe to split off the doc (how large is the doc, anyway?)

For the same reason I prefer not to incorporate it into ocaml-tools.
Hence, if Stefano wants to adopt the package of George then this is
fine with me.

-Ralf.