Re: camlimages

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 06:20:51PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> 2) Some people still use mmm, at least for benchmarking purpose, as can be
> seen by the mail on the ocamllist about array optimization.
good point

> 3) Some people use it for testing _pure_ html documents or something such, or
> for a image less browser.
good point

> 4) It can give examples of what can be done with ocaml,
mmh ... are you sure that non-ocaml people seeing MMM don't think: "what
a poor browser!" ?

> or maybe the source code can be educative.
also if mmm isn't a .deb per se, for this reason a pointer to the source
in ocamltk may be sufficient.

> 6) It strengtens the debian-ocamler position with the ocaml team.
good point, I haven't considered such a "political" issue

> 7) don't remember ...
:-)

> 8) Debian ships less usefull and bigger packages also, i think.
poor point ...

> 9) The testing purpose is a good one, i think, we have not many apps in
> debian, the autobuilders find bugs when building packages, and that is
> important i think.
yes, but this is useful for developer but not for user, if we want test
building we can do it on various archs (also using autobuilders because
many of them have mail interfaces) even without building a .deb.

Definitely if exists users of mmm, no problem to build up the package
and don't wait to make ocaml people knows that the .deb exists.

Cheers!

--
Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro