mmm (was: Re: camlimages)

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 05:01:44PM +0100, Sven wrote:

> We also need someone to look at the mmm program, it would be nice to have it
> working again. i repackaged ocamltk for it, but failed to find the time to
> continue work on it (there was a bug in it, which i told upstream, (upstream
> bieng pierre and jun) but didn't have time to follow on it.)

If I remember right (please correct me if I'm wrong, this is just from
memory) then mmm accepts only syntactically correct html. This alone
would make it unusable for any practical purposes, except as an html syntax
checker.  Furthermore it implements only html version 2.2 fully, and most
of 3.2. I don't think that this is the kind of application that will
convince people of ocaml.

And the licence does not allow binary distribution of derivative work,
which means that it is non-free anyway.

-Ralf.