Re: camlimages

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 05:19:39PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 05:19:25PM +0100, georges mariano wrote:
> > yes, but not exactly ...
> > http://pauillac.inria.fr/mmm/
> > Version 0.417 released in December 2000
>
> ok, maybe the old web page at http://pauillac.inria.fr/~rouaix/mmm/ has
> to be removed ... it announce as latest release: Version 0.41 released
> in December 1997

Yes, Rouaix is no more working on it, maybe you would want to contact him
about that, and have him point to the newer version ?

> > >SZ > IIRC MMM supports only HTML 3.2, nothing more :-(
> >
> > right, but I suppose that Sven is thinking about mmm as a
> > strategical commponent (to be improved of course!!) in the
> > daily fight to broacast (or to give more audience to) OCaml technologies...
>
> I agree with the strategy and with the diffusion of OCaml verb, but I
> don't want to debianize a software that is almost useless.

Well, i daresay that once the current problem is solved, there will be not
much work involved in maintaining it.

If nothing else, consider it as a good test case for ocaml on the various
debian arches, especially, it is the only program which trully tests ocamltk,
which i maintain.

If i get the time, i may be willing to look at it again.