Re: camlimages

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 04:03:31PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 05:01:44PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> > I would have packaged it also, and if you don't do it, i will.
>
> no probs and, more important, no need to double packaging efforts.
> I will resign from the ITP before doing it! :)

Mmm, if you like, i will go for camlimage, i plan to use it in a project
nextly, as said, so maybe it will be better, don't know, i hope to have the
time, ...

> > We also need someone to look at the mmm program, it would be nice to have it
> > working again. i repackaged ocamltk for it, but failed to find the time to
>
> What you mean with "to look at": as developer or as packager?
>
> If you mean as packager I think that is not the case do debianize it,
> seems to me that MMM is a "resigned" project ... I don't know who is
> developing it but some times ago I had a look at it and the web page was
> stopped from 1998 ...
> IIRC MMM supports only HTML 3.2, nothing more :-(

No, you are wrong, Pierre Weis and Jun did the effort to port it to the latest
ocam lversions, and announced it on the ocaml list. I wanted to package it
after that (especially as some japanese users seemed to like it), but failed
due to a problem during the build. I did not manage to find the reason
quickly, nor did Jun, but i didn't try much, and it works on other systems, so
there should be no reason it don't works, and if there is, it most probably is
a bug elsewhere in the debian packages. Also it is an investigation problem, i
am sure Jun will be willing to look at it once we isolate the problem and he
can reproduce it.