Re: camlimages

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 01:16:06PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 01:35:19PM +0100, georges mariano wrote:
> > http://pauillac.inria.fr/camlimages/
> <snip>
> > If someone is interested in adopting this stuff, there's no problem...
> > Just download it and send an "official" ITP on the appropriate list(s?)
> <snip>
> > TODO :
> > 	- the license is not clearly specified
> > 	I also just contacted one of the authors and I'm waiting
> > 	an answer
>
> The projects seems to be interesting, I can adopt the package but:
> 1) we have to know how large is the audience of the package
> 2) we have to clarify the license problem
>
> When you receive an answer from the author about the license keep
> informed this ML ...
> For 2) ... mmh if anybody knows a user of the library (better if he is a
> debian user) ask now! ;)

camlimage is a great library, and jun is doing a phd with pierre weiss, as
close to the caml team as you can be, so there should be no problem there, it
is a great library, that i will use nextly, if i get time for a small project
i have (a map creation project).

I would have packaged it also, and if you don't do it, i will.

We also need someone to look at the mmm program, it would be nice to have it
working again. i repackaged ocamltk for it, but failed to find the time to
continue work on it (there was a bug in it, which i told upstream, (upstream
bieng pierre and jun) but didn't have time to follow on it.)

The licence should be no problem.