Re: ocaml-pcre

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 05:30:08PM +0200, georges mariano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't remember if someone intend to package
> ocaml-pcre ??
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pcre-ocaml/pcre_ocaml/

no one currently has manifested intention to package pcre.
IIRC some months ago on the caml mailing list there was a long thread
arguing to integrate pcre in standard OCaml distribution. At the moment
I can't rememebre the point of the OCaml gurus, I've looked for a thread
but I deleted it and the web search on the caml ml archives isn't so
easy if you don't remember the subject ...
Probably Sven remember the results of the thread ... Sven?

If is intention to integrate pcre in the standard distribution building
a package isn't a great idea because it will have short life; if this is
no the case ... we can do the package, personallya I can build and
maintain the package.

Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate student of Computer Science @ University of Bologna, Italy