Re: Problem with gramlib.cmxa

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 04:53:30PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Christian Perrier (Christian.Perrier@onera.fr):
>
> > The /usr/lib/camlp4/gramlib.cmxa file, which was there in 3.01.6 is not
> > there anymore.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with OCAML so that I cannot figure
> > out...
> >
> > In the same time I post this, I try to contact Daniel for getting his word
> > about this.
>
> After a few mails with Daniel (who is also camlp4 author) it looks like the
> bug lies in the camlp4 package. "make opt" should be done on platforms
> where an optimised OCAML exist....
>
> I attach the appropriate patch for the rules file of the camlp4 package. It
> just uncomments a line in build-stamp...:-)
>
> With this patch, I have been able to compile a package with the cmxa file I
> need....

mmm, will this package also build correctly on architecture that don't compile
thenative code compiler, like m68K ? If not, this is a serious or even release
critical bug which will promptly be submitted against your package by the
corresponding auto builders.

That said, it is normally just necessary to check for the existance of the
ocamlopt compiler, like it is done in other existing packages, mlgtk having
been the first where i implemented this. I suppose you did it already so, not
having seen the patch, but wanted to write this just to make sure you did.