Re: woody freeze, CDK, ...

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 09:46:38AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> Hello, ...
>
> As you have all noticed, the woody freeze is progressing, i guess the package
> freeze will be in early september or something such.
>
> I would like to make a quick discution about this and our readiness for it.
>
> on my part, i intend to :
>
>   * upgrade the ocaml package. This would be only a quick bugfix for the hppa
>     arch, something with the config files, and also the inclusion of the
>     config.* files in the binary packages.
<ot>
well, this hppa arch is spreading bugs at almost all maintainer :-)
Do you know how to solve the problem? I receive the suggestion of
upgrade to autoconf 2.5.0 but even after the upgrade the problem is not
solved, another suggestion is to download the config.{sub,...} upgraded
but I know nothing about what does this implies ....
Have you other suggestions?
</ot>

>   * We _NEED_ to do on or more ocaml-task package before the release.
I've already had a look at "shell" and "cryptgps" modules (from
ocaml-programming.de) and I have intention to package them ASAP.

> Ok, that is the situation for now. Now , what do we plan to do with the CDK
> stuff ? Did some of you already have a look at it ? I did have a look at the
> included software, and there is some we already package, and some not. Should
> we have a task-cdk package ? Should we build all this from only one source
> tarball ? (more than one maintainer is involved in that). Or build it
> separatedly as we have done for now.
I think that is better to keep separated the various package composing
CDK and build a metapackage as usual. Smaller package are easier to
maintain.
Anyway .. I have not a look at CDK yet.

FYI: I have added the pxp manual in both ps and html version to
ocaml-pxp package and I have added the findlib manual to the
ocaml-findlib package.

Cheers (from Debian1 and LSM)

--
Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863