Re: woody freeze, CDK, ...

Sven LUTHER wrote:

> Hello, ...
Hi Sven,

>  Should
> we have a task-cdk package ?

What will be the goal for this package ??
i.e what are the consequences of "apt-get install task-cdk" ??
Or do you mean that we may have a package task-cdk which will install
the similar packages provided in the red-hat cdk ?

>Should we build all this from only one source
> tarball ? (more than one maintainer is involved in that). Or build it
> separatedly as we have done for now.
Well, may be I'm wrong but, RedHat  users need something like OCaml CDK
because there is no real packaging policy (in particular for OCaml
related stuff), right ? So they have to gather packages to be sure that
they work correctly "in the same space"... Is it the same case within
Debian ?
i.e may be, we don't need to gather packages since package management is
(to some extend) more efficient...

and, last but not least, there was a rather long discussion on the caml
list about licence problem (when different pieces of software with
different licences are in the same bag)?
Do we have a good (Debian) solution for this ??
Where will we put the task-cdk (main? non-free? ...)

PS : I'm just repeating things *you* said (to me) sometime ;-)
??
--
# Georges MARIANO
# INRETS, 20 rue Élisée Reclus