Re: gwml/efuns

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 05:29:29PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > ok, but please send me the log. I will then just filter out the accesses to
> > ocaml sourcedirectory, and thus know which files are needed (i guess it is
> > only config.ml, not sure though).
>
> ok, will start by just linking config.ml ;-)
> any case, recall me about that, I have lots of things in mind these
> days...

if you want, i can install a daily mail reminder to you in my crontab :)))

> > The packages are more toroughly checked when going from sid to testing.
>
> strange indeed, everyone knows that discovering errors "too late"
> increase
> "cost" (money and time) (just a "well known" software engineering law)

don't think that this really applies to debian, because the cost you increase
is zero to start with.

Anyway, the idea is as this :

  1) the maintainer tests his package, if he is satisfied with it, he will
  upload it.

  2) dinstall or whatever does some check on it, mostly verifying the
  signatures and such, not sure thoguh, and installs the package in sid in the
  archive.

  3) people try out the package, and if there is a bug submit it to the
  maintainer.

  4) porters rebuild the package. If it fails to package, they will submit a
  bug report (the build daemons are configured to do this eautomatically, this
  is a serious or grave bug).

  5) the maintainer fixes the bug

  6) start from 1) again.