Re: gwml/efuns

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 05:13:07PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > If you manage to build it, could you save the log (using script, or whatever)
> > and send it to me (gzipped and in private mail). This way i will know which
> > part of the ocaml source it needs. (i think just building ocaml, and not
> > erasing the sources will do it (dpkg-source -x and then debian/rules)).
>
> Well, don't promise anything, but what I'll probably make is a link from
> ocaml sources to efuns tree, and dpkg-buildpackage ...

ok, but please send me the log. I will then just filter out the accesses to
ocaml sourcedirectory, and thus know which files are needed (i guess it is
only config.ml, not sure though).

> > No problem, it get's accepted in sid, because the package is ok,
> Ok, you mean that the (at least one) binary package is ok i.e exists,
> but not necessarely the source package...
> Well, surprising...

when you upload, the package get's checked by lintian (it may, but i think not
even this is done, not sure though, but i submit loads of package with bogus
lintian errors (the ones about unkonwn ocaml script and not striiped
ocamldebug), and didn't get a message about it since a long time.

> I was thinking that there are a lot of automatic checks before entering
> sid...

Well there are, but building from source is not one of them. There were speaks
to enable this, but nothing ever came of it.

The packages are more toroughly checked when going from sid to testing.