Re: gwml/efuns

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 04:37:40PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > I think this is the one that neads access to the ocaml sources.
>
> Yes, (if I remember well my first tries a few months ago, I didn't go
> deeper in the current deb source ...)
> Ok, files are missing ...

If you manage to build it, could you save the log (using script, or whatever)
and send it to me (gzipped and in private mail). This way i will know which
part of the ocaml source it needs. (i think just building ocaml, and not
erasing the sources will do it (dpkg-source -x and then debian/rules)).

> But this raises a much more important question :
> I can't understand how a package, that can't be compiled 'out of the
> box'
> (provided that the [usual] dependancies are fullfille), may reach the
> sid distribution
>
> That is for me, this package is severely broken (for whatever
> reason...),
> >From the Debian packaging process, how can you explain that ???
>
> Please note that this is not a criticism of the fact that the package is
> broken
> but I'm trying to understand how such "packages" can be accepted in
> sid...

No problem, it get's accepted in sid, because the package is ok, and the
maintainer uploaded it. It will never reach woody though, because the other
arch will not be able to compile it, and thus the maintainer will get loads of
bug reports.