Re: ocaml documentation : the info files ??

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 04:47:05PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 02:48:35PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > What about installing the Ocaml info files into the emacs manual
> > > system ?? (the 'dir' file)
> >
> > did you try :
> >
> > info ocaml
> >
> > It should give you access to the ocaml info pages, or are you talking about
> > something else ?
>
> Well, in fact I didn't really try (shame on me) ...
> Since 'info ocaml' works I supposed that info files are also readable
> from emacs (Help/Manuals/Browse Manuals with Info)...

Yes, it should, please check and keep me informed ...

> BUT
> the good point is that *there is* an Ocaml item in the programming
> section
> * Ocaml: (ocaml).          The Objective Caml system release 3.00
> Documentation
>                              and user's manual
>
> good...

:)))

starting from 6.1, there is even a little icon for it.

(look at : ftp://lambda.u-strasbg.fr/debian/ocaml_3.01-6.1_i386.deb for it)

Notice :

i will not release the -x.y debian releases, that is only the -5 -6 -7 and such
will go into debian, the -5.1, -5.2 and -6.1 will not. This is because of the
handling of the testing stuff. Actually only the m68k package need to get
build for ocaml 3.01-6 to go into testing.

Note also that progeny debian 1.0 shipped with ocaml 3.00 because of that, and
3.00-1 at that.

> the bad point is that may be there are some (tiny) bugs in Ocaml info
> files
> [this was nor the subject, nor the intention of my previsious mail
> ...!!]

This is an upstream problem, please address it with them directly.