Re: ocamlexc (was: ocaml-tools ?)

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 08:11:47PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 03:33:30PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Hello, ...
> >
> > What about integrating ocamlexc
> > (http://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/ocamlexc/ocamlexc.htm) into the ocaml-tools
> > package, or does it need a package of its own ?
>
> Yes, could be interesting. I think it is large enough to have its own
> package.
>
> There is no licence, I will contact the authors about this. Another
> problem is of course ocamltk, as some of you have already pointed
> out. Sven, could you resume maintenance of this package?

Yes, i will. Am in contact with the author about the licence issue (which was
from before the ocaml licence change, i think.)

> On the other hand if ocamltk is non-free then camlexc must be
> nonfree, too.

Another solution would be to rewrite the ocamlexc interface bindings with
lablgtk, so we get ride of both the non-free package and the slow(er) tk
interface. It shouldn't be too much work, since i guess the interface part is
smallish, but then i don't know.