Re: ocamlexc (was: ocaml-tools ?)

Hi,

Ralf Treinen wrote:

> > What about integrating ocamlexc
[...]
> There is no licence, I will contact the authors about this. Another
> problem is of course ocamltk, as some of you have already pointed
> out. Sven, could you resume maintenance of this package?
>
> On the other hand if ocamltk is non-free then camlexc must be
> nonfree, too.

Hmm, notice that ocamltk is not needed to run camlexc:
"As mentioned above, a simple raw text output is provided, but users may
prefer to use the graphical user interface available via the OcamlTk
library." (from http://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/ocamlexc/ocamlexc.htm).

So camlexc could be put in the free section anyway, could not it? (I
confess I am not familiar with all the subtleties of the Debian policy
yet)

As for camltk, I have not read the licence, but I guess the problem is
that it is a non-free INRIA licence. Am I right? Now, the position of
INRIA about free-software has been evolving a lot for a few years. So
maybe we could ask them to change ocamltk licence. I can contact them
about this or discuss them directly with them next time I will go to
INRIA. Ralf, I suggest we discuss this issue further as soon as you
arrive at work :-)

Judicaël.
--
Judicael.Courant@lri.fr, http://www.lri.fr/~jcourant/