Re: note on "Debian's next freeze"

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 05:06:45PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > That said, nor lablgl nor lablgtk have been built for more than a few arches,
> > and are also not in testing.
>
> Waiting and waiting and ... this is exactly what is boring with Debian
> ;-)

Err, ...

unstable is getting packages in quite fast, in 1 day or so, i don't know what
you complain for (also unstable is more stable than testing :)))

> My suggestion to have an apt-gettable zone may be used to broadcast
> and test more
> quickly the packages as soon as they are available...
> (apt-get / and more likely apt-get source -b)

unstable is there for that.

> > Also, for the ocaml HOWTO, please build all your ocaml related packages (at
> > least those that have bytecode or are libraries) with the following depends :
> >
> > Depends: ocaml (>= 3.01), ocaml (<< 3.02), ...
> >
> > (maybe we could even teach dh_shlibdeps to add this automatically, don't know)
>
> sure, but I don't know too...

:)))

> > BTW, how do you make a repository apt-gettable ?
> oups, I was thinking that *you* know something like that ... well,
> let's dive into TFM.

Just need to read the documentation, i knew it at some time, but forgot since
then.

> > BTW2, incoming is accesible at : http://incoming.debian.org/, altought not
> > apt-gettable, i think.
> :-(
> (but it's another reason to have an unoffical apt-get'able zone ;-)

Well, at least it is easily available.