Re: on ocaml-extra-libs

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 01:00:02PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> he just install the libABC package, and then installs his own version of libC
> in either /usr/local, if he has root privilege, or $(HOME).
>
> Then he would have to tell his build system to look in $(HOME) or /usr/local
> for the libraries before he looks in /usr.
>
> Now, i don't know if this is feasible with the current state of findlib and/or
> the upstream released ocaml 3.01. I guess it is possible, but not cleanly.

Currently I think this is not possibile cause ocamlfind look in the
predefined sarch path and in OCAMLPATH path and this is good, but I
don't know how it work if, for example, i find two different versione of
the same package ? (but I will ask gerd on this, I will also ask gerd to
subscribe this ML :-)
With your experience, is ocamlfind capable of handle different version
of the same package ? (the documentation says nothing about this
feature)

> yes, but it would work with a OCAMLFIND var set to ocamlfind --dummy or
> somethign such, was this not the result of the discution we had lately ?

but where you want to put the dummy ocamlfind ?
in ocaml I guess...

> But again, it is only a goal toward which it would be nice to tend, and i
> don't know if it is already possible or not. I had the impression it would be
> possible though.

yes, my point of view is still the _current_ one.
I agree with you on the future goals.

> And remember you are the maintainer of both findlib and the other packages you
> speak about. It is your decision that will import the most :)))

Yes but I'm at my first experiences with both debian packaging and most
of the ocaml tools I'm packaging, so I really need your help :-)))

Is really an heavy charge for a novice like me ... :-))))

--
	- Zack -

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.students.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate Student of Computer Science at University of Bologna, Italy
SysAdm of verdicchio.students.cs.unibo.it (130.136.3.134)
	"Information wants to be Open"