Re: splitting the ocaml package ???

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 12:09:40PM +0100, Jean-Francois Monin wrote:
> Sven LUTHER a ecrit :
>  > I don't know about coq, but in the ocaml case, it is naturally the graphics
>  > module, which uses Xlib to do the drawing, i think.
>
> Oh yes, I forgot it. Now It should be possible to put graphics separately,
> it is not in the default toplevel for instance. A small patch
> in the right Makefile should be enough ?
>
> See ocaml-3.XX/otherlibs/graph/Makefile

Yes, it could easily be done, not like you say, but with a multi-binaries
package. That said, is it worth it ?

Most people will expect to find the graphics module in the ocaml distribution,
and who has not xlibs installed ?

And for those complaining about upgrading the whole of X, well i don't think
that this will happen often, and just rebuilding the ocaml package on their box
will make it use the current xlibs.