ledit, ile and readline

Georges plead for ocaml making an effort to meet established programming
culture. I aggree. Concerning the question of a line editing
facility for the toplevel: libreadline4 is GPL licenced (not LGPL !) and
the ocaml toplevel falls under QPL (I think). If I understand correctly
this means that the two cannot be linked :-(

Searching the reverse dependencies of libreadline4 yields quite a long
list. I just checked those packages that looked to me like implementing
a line editor. There is "cle" which uses libreadline4 and seems to have
the same functionality than ledit/ile. I made some quick tests with
"cle ocaml" and it seems fine to me. On the other hand it has a open
bug since 180 days.

Should we suggest "cle" as line editor for  the ocaml toplevel? We should
anyway suggest "<whatever-line-editor> | emacs" since both caml-mode
and tuareg-mode for emacs provide convenient interfaces.

-Ralf.