Re: .configure and Makefile.in

Hi Georges, it was nice to meet you yesterday, just a pitty that I had to
leave so soon.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 11:17:13AM +0100, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Jean-Christophe told me about .configure and Makefile.in stuff dedicated to
> ocaml software building...
> Since ".configure ; make ; make install" seems to be the better way for
> debian packaging, here it is :
> http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/ftp/ocaml/misc/

JCF's autoconf files are already "booked" for the ocaml-tools package.
For the moment I have on my list:

- tuareg mode
- Markus Mottl's OcamlMakefile (he agreed to put it under LGPL licence)
- JCF's autoconf stuff (will be covered by LGPL)
- ocamldot, provided the licence issue can be solved

George proposed camlp4. I think this  is complex enough to merit a
package of its own. Besides I don't know camlp4 and would prefer
if someone who uses it regularly takes it.

Ocamldot: I got convinced that I'm worrying to much about ocamldot
depending/rcommending graphviz. The ocaml-tools package will anyway
only suggest emacs, autocoonf, graphviz, since a user can make
reasonable use of some features of the package and ignore others.
The only Depends will be on ocaml.

BTW: anyone knows some other tool besides graphviz that uses the
dot format ?

-Ralf.