findlib-0.5-test1

Hi,

I have a first implementation of the priority 1 changes. You can find it under

http://www.ocaml-programming.de/packages/findlib-0.5-test1.tar.gz

The docs have been updated; especially the sections "findlib.conf",
"ocamlfind", and "site-lib" of the reference contain the descriptions of the new
features. There are also (generated) man pages.

I did not very much testing yet but it seems to work.

There is also an experimental "ocamlfind guess" that tries to guess the META
file. This feature is far from being perfect, and it is not designed to
automate the creation of META; but it may be useful in order to
have some initial version of META one can start with.

Gerd
Gerd Stolpmann      Telefon: +49 6151 997705 (privat)
Viktoriastr. 100
64293 Darmstadt     EMail:   gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de
Germany