Re: debian packaging of findlib

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:54:51AM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
>> >
>> > OK, I now agree with you:
>> > all modules will be installed in the dir /usr/lib/ocaml/<package_dir>.
>> > If module use findlib, that dir will also contain a META file, if the
>> > module does not use findlib, there not exists a META file: we write them
>> > (with the aid of Gerd :))) and send it to the upstream author imploring
>> > him to include it in the upstream version.
>> >
>> > Do you agree ?
>>
>> Ok, for now, i still would have liked more a separate directory for
>> meta-files, but then, let's do with what we have.
>
>OK, we reach an agreement point.
>
>Gerd, when we can have the configuration file (in /etc) and the cmd line
>parameter to set the installation dir ?

Yes, see my todo list. Support for a configuration file is easy because I have
already a parser for such files (I can reuse the parser for the META file).

>Of course, I (we ?) are available to support you in this additions.

For example, by testing them.

Gerd
Gerd Stolpmann      Telefon: +49 6151 997705 (privat)
Viktoriastr. 100
64293 Darmstadt     EMail:   gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de
Germany