Re: debian packaging of findlib

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 07:18:34PM +0100, Remi VANICAT wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli <zacchiro@cs.unibo.it> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 01:48:12PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > > Ok, so each package that want to support findlib has to provide the correct
> > > META file. mmm, ...
> > Sorry Sven, what is the matter ?, I can't understand.
> > Modules that have a META file use findlib and install themselves with
> > other findlib modules, other do not use findlib facility.
> > Actually the largest ocaml modules archive that I know is the same where
> > I find findlib, and pretty all of these modules use findlib, right Gerd?
> > Don't forget that debianization of ocaml modules is near zero in
> > progression, we can so think of adding 'findlib' as a requirement to
> > debianization of other ocaml modules.
>
> Also, from my experience, building manually the META file from a
> README file is easy, the only time I had a problem it was because at
> this time findlib didn't support camlp4.

Well, ok, but then i didn't do that.

That said, as i understand it, this is information that is duplicated (at
least partwise) in the dbeian dependencies and build-depends.

It would still be nicer if it could be automated, maybe with the
pre-processing trick i mentioned earlier. But then, you could see this as a
long-term wish.