Re: xstr e netclient deb packages

Sven LUTHER wrote:

> Err, ...
>
> not wanting to go into a war between both of them.

of course not , just saying that it is possible to have *simple* Makefiles
without using findlib (since OcamlMakefile is just a bag to hold those
 @W%#%%!#$% ocaml compilation rules ;-)

> I personnaly much prefer Makefile code i have written myself.
Yes, if you know how to do that ;-)
(I'm really thinking about buying Oreilly's book about the use of 'make'
.........)

> and i understand everything of what is going on.

yes, this is the main point... and what bothers me with things like
findlib,
[another thing to understant before going ahead]
(of course the fact that I do not fully understand what they do, does not
mean
that these are things to put in the trash...:-)

> > By the way, how can we provide a simple Ocaml/Makefile utility like
> > OcamlMakefile in a package ??? The package 'ocaml-makefile' would contain
> > a file (OcamlMakefile), one or two readmes (=> /usr/share/doc), ... and
> > that's all!!
>
> That is why we need to make a ocaml-utils or ocaml-contrib packaghe with lot
> of this kind of stuff in them.
>
> > Where should we store the file OcamlMakefile ???
>
> in /usr/share/ocaml i think the policy says ...
A few month ago I read the  debian policy (yes :-) but I don't remember
it speaks about thing like that (Makefiles...)

there is something about ocaml ???

> > (/etc ??)
> arg, ...
:-) yes, may be it looks stupid ... and certainly it *is* stupid,

first, I think to put it in /etc because one can think that, to some point,
an OcamlMakefile can be taylored for a particular site, so that it can
be viewed as a configuration file...

BUT, I was not sure of that, so that the first experimental package I made
yesterday stores the file in /usr/share/doc/ocamlmakefile if I remember
well...

> Please read the packaging manual and the debian policy before packaging stuff.
again ??? :-(
;-)
--
# Georges MARIANO                 tel: (33) 03 20 43 84 06
# INRETS, 20 rue Elisee Reclus    fax: (33) 03 20 43 83 59