Re: xstr e netclient deb packages

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 04:09:32PM +0100, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > And unlike other cases, we can rely on having all the ocaml stuff installed
> > under /usr/lib/ocaml, so no need for any ocamlfind. What does it do anyway ?
> > (err, what does it exactly do and how, i think i am familiar with the general
> > idea of it).
>
> 0) is ocamlfind related with findlib ??
> (I can't remember but well, it doesn't really matter for what I want to
> say...)
>
> very interesting question since  I always had problems with these kind
> of install and frequently I had give up... (despite the fact that
> the corresponding ocaml stuff was really interesting !!!)
>
> is there any way to ask upstream to provide a <<standard>> installation
> process (make install[-standard]  and make install-ocamlfind) ??

Just ask the upstream author about it.

Maybe doing a generic mail to the caml-list will also do ?

Let's investigate this a bit more before then anwyay.

Also for all ocaml packagers, ...

Did you contact upstream before doing the package ?
In general it is considered good form to do so, and you can then ask them this
question directly, or provide them a patch.