Re: build-deps

Georges Mariano wrote:

> My suggestion is that we (ocaml-maint) should provide the build-deps...
> Yes, I know this is not mandatory but I think that
> providing the build-deps is related to packaging quality
> like
> using ocaml is related to programmaing quality ;-)

I'm not sure what the situation is now but at least up to recently
build-depends where not honored by apt-get. Joey Hess wrote a perl
script to fix this and posted it to the debian-devel list. You might
find it in the archive.

Besides, Georges is of course right about using builf-depends.
Please send a bug report if a build dependency is missing.

-Ralf.