Re: LablGL and LablGtk packages are in master incoming.

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 02:16:15PM +0100, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 14:31:05 +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > The latest release is available from the same sources as before.
>
>  [Premise: I have no way to install the package here at INRIA; so I
>   have just looked at the .diff.gz]
>
>  Hi Sven,
>
>   I think that there is at least a problem in the package lablgtk
>   that you have inherithed by the wrong Makefile of Garrigue: in
>   the package no .h file is installed. This means that it becomes
>   impossible to add a binding for a new widget... unless you copy
>   the .h files.

Huh, don't know about them, will have to have a look.

That said, the irght place for putting .h files is in
/usr/include/ocaml/lablgtk, or something such, like is done with the ocaml
include files.

Will be doing it if you need them, but not before the first package i made
reach the main debian archive, once that is done, upgrading will be a lot
easier.

>   I know that is unusual to have .h files under /usr/lib/ocaml
>   (but there are .h files now), but I think it is the right way
>   to proceed for bindings.

Erm, ...

What are these .h files for, and how exactly do you use them for adding new
widgets ?