Re: searching ocaml packages

> > Certainly not when it is compiled to native. In fact, I had dependency
> > from ocaml in my first package for bibtex2html and got a bug report
> > from a user who did not want to download and install the complete
> > ocaml package to run bibtex2html. I think this person was absolutely
> > right to complain.
> >
> > BTW, Sven: Didn't you always plan to split the ocaml package into somthing
> > like ocaml-run and ocaml-devel :-) ?
>
> Yes; but i didn't have time for it.
>
> right now the idea is to ship both bytecode and native binaries in the
> packages, but maybe you could make a bi binary package. But, please, don't
> ship only the native code version, as this breaks the m68k port, and maybe
> others, but then maybe you think only linux/i386 is important ?

Sven,

I certainly don't think that only linux/i386 is important. However, all
of my packages written in ocaml (bibtex2html, hlins, ocamlweb) have from
upstream configure support that selects native compilation if available,
and byte-code otherwise.

-Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen, Paris, France. http://perso.club-internet.fr/treinen