Re: About to ITP Comas - it can make a good addition for Debian-NP

evan dijo [Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 06:14:36PM +0200]:
> I think first that what should happen is that the program should be
> packaged as a normal debian package, then i can be considered for
> inclusion in to Debian Non-Profit.
>
> Given that Gunnar didn't give any url's i searched around and I think
> the program he's referring to is online here:
> http://wiki.consol.org.mx/comas

Oops... You got n early version of our development documentation
effort :) The code is hosted at
http://gborg.postgresql.org/projects/comas - My bad, I didn't provide
here the BTS number for my ITP - it is 242981.

> Reading both the english and spanish pages it doesn't look to me like
> program is ready or maybe even works yet. There is cvs access but not
> even a tarball yet.

That's right, we don't have a tarball yet - We have two main things to
fix, and the code will be ready to be packaged.

> ps, i'm not sure trying the idea of COMAS to put all logic in postgres
> stored procedures is such a great idea.

We found it to be quite good - of course, we did not get 'married'
with that idea, and we did move a good deal of logic to the backend,
and even part of it to the frontend.

We are quite happy with the results, and I hope to be able to upload
them to Debian soon.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366