Debian at several conferences

The Debian Project                                http://www.debian.org/
Debian Project at several conferences 		        press@debian.org
July 3rd, 2011              	http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110703

Debian Project at several conferences

The Debian Project is pleased to announce that it will be present at
several events in the coming weeks, ranging from developer-oriented
conferences to workshops for users and wannabe developers. As usual,
upcoming events are listed on our website [1].

  1: http://www.debian.org/events/

>From June 27 to July 3, during Campus Party 2011 [2] in Bogotá,
Colombia, Debian Colombia [3] invites all to join the special event
"Lleva un paquetico en tu corazón (Keep a Little Package in Your
Heart)" during which attendees will work on bugs and will create
Debian packages. It will also be possible to participate via IRC
by joining the channel #debian-co on irc.debian.org.
Further information (in Spanish) is available on the wiki page [4].

  2: http://www.campus-party.com.co/2011/index.html
  3: http://debiancolombia.org/
  4: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianColombia/LLevaUnPaqueticoEnTuCorazon_2011

>From July 9 to 14, Debian will be present with a booth at Recontres
mondiales du logiciel libre (the Libre Software Meeting) [5] in
Strasbourg, France.
There will be also an interesting workshop animated by Lucas Nussbaum,
long standing Debian Developer, titled "Tutorial on Creating a Debian
Package" [6] during which Lucas will go over all the basic steps
involved when packaging software. The workshop will be on July 11
at 09:40 at Patio 3211. Further information is available on the
coordination page [7].

  5: http://2011.rmll.info/
  6: http://2011.rmll.info/Tutoriel-de-creation-de-paquet-DEBIAN
  7: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEventsFr/2011/RMLL

Some Debian contributors will be present at the Encontro de Software
Livre (ENSOL) [8] in João Pessoa, Brazil, from July 20 to 23. There will
also be a Debian-related presentation, but the final program hasn't been
announced yet.

  8: http://www.ensol.org.br/

The Debian Project invites all interested persons to attend these events,
ask questions, take a look at Debian 6.0 "Squeeze", exchange
GPG fingerprints to boost the web of trust, and get to know the members
and the community behind the Debian Project.

About Debian
------------

The Debian Project was founded in 1993 by Ian Murdock to be a truly free
community project. Since then the project has grown to be one of the
largest and most influential open source projects.  Over three thousand
volunteers from all over the world work together to create and maintain
Debian software. Translated into 70 languages, and supporting a huge
range of computer types, Debian calls itself the "universal operating
system".

Contact Information

For further information, please visit the Debian web pages at
http://www.debian.org/ or send mail to <press@debian.org>.