Re: Taowa Munene-Tardif: Declaration of intent

Yay!

(this is no formal advocation as I'm lazy and confident someone else
will. So this is just an informal one, though I'd be very happy to make
this formal if needed...!)

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 05:26:39PM -0000, Taowa Munene-Tardif wrote:
> I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian Developer, non-uploading.

Taowo, I understand why you do this, and I'm very glad you do this, but
please exclude that I'll again state (and here) that I can't want for
you to apply for becoming an uploading DD as well! ;-)

IOW: yay!

> I have been a member of the DebConf17 local team and have become a member of
> the DebConf18 global team, and would like to formally become a member of the project.

I've witnessed Taowa doing awesome work at dc17 and had some pretty
good conversations with him there, so that I have no doubt he
understands the technical, political and social implications of Debian
and being a project member. In this regard it also didn't really surprise me
that now he's also become a dc18 orga team member, on the contrary, I
would have been more surprised if not. Taowo understands (free) software
quite very well, which became obvious to me already in 2017 when he switched
from Debian to QubesOS one or two days after first hearing about it. Also the
way he used Qubes after a few days showed me his dedication to detail and
doing things right.

But there's more, both in 2017 and now in 2018 in Taiwan I've had other,
quite short but very much to the point conversations, which made me
think he'll improve Debian greatly. (I'll share those in person rather
than here though...)

Besides that, he also spent a lot of time doing very good work on dc17
and dc18, mostly rather quiet behind the scenes, but he has also been
tiredlessly, *very* friendly, considerate and effectivly dealing with stressed
people at frontdesk and elsewhere.

Finally, by doing all this, he also demonstrated very good understanding
of the importance of Debian and it's inner workings *and* still he was
always eager to learn more, to improve himself.

So I'm  much looking forward for more future contributions from Taowa
& many thanks for what you've already done to improve DebConf and by
this, also Debian! To sum it up, I very much advocate for Taowa to become a
non-uploading DD right now!

;tl;dr: Yay!

--
cheers,
	Holger

and please excuse my long mail, it's late and I should have gone to
sleep earlier. Yay to the full moon and lunar eclipse too! :-)