Re: DM application of Jerome BENOIT

Hi,

I have worked with Jerome in the past three years in the Debian Science
team on packaging dependencies of the mathematics software SageMath. He
is maintaining more than 10 (of the roughly 140 required) SageMath
dependencies, among them large projects such as Singular and some of its
own dependencies. This alone demonstrates a large determination for
Debian and free software in general, since working on a grand goal can
be less rewarding than choosing smaller tasks (SageMath is still not in
Debian). Nevertheless all these packages are well maintained and in a
good state. In discussions he has always been friendly and professional.
His packaging skills have already been mentioned in the four previous
advocacies of other DDs and I have nothing to add here.

I fully support Jerome's application for DM.

Best,
Tobias Hansen