Re: DM application of Adrian Vondendriesch

Hi,

On Sun May 29, 2016 at 20:06:24 +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Adrian.Vondendriesch 2016-05-28 <fdcdcfb8-6a04-0267-9a18-ffd58ea39a35@credativ.de>
> > This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
> > <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> >
> > I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> > Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> >
> > Currently, I maintain the packages pg-backup-ctl and
> > pg-rage-terminator.  I co-maintain the packages sbd, corosync,
> > pacemaker, crmsh, resource-agents, booth, fence-agents and libqb.
> >
> > My GnuPG key 0x61F7985DB84E0B04 is signed by the Debian Developers
> > Alexander Wirt, Evgeni Golov, Martin Zobel-Helas, Michael Banck,
> > Christoph Berg and Noèl Köthe.
> >
> > I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer.
>
> I wholeheartedly support Adrian's application.
>
> I've been working on him on the Debian HA team, where he helped
> salvaging several packages of the Pacemaker stack from drifting into
> obsolescence in Debian. As part of the team Adrian worked on getting
> new upstream versions into shape, and also did various rounds of BTS
> house keeping.
>
> We are also working together on several PostgreSQL-related packages
> where Adrian is also a very useful teammate.
>
> On the social level, Adrian is a colleague of me at credativ. It's
> very pleasant to work together with him. I'm sure he'll be a great
> maintainer to have in Debian.

I can only confirm what Christoph says here. I am working with Adrian at
credativ for several years now, and it is very pleasant to work with
him. He is a very skilled person who also does not fear to work on
unknown territories. He trains himself very well on things he didn't
knew before.

Please accept him as Debian Maintainer.

PS: Adrian, i encourage you to also apply for Debian Developer in
future.
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster