Re: DM application of Balasankar C

On Thursday 22 January 2015 06:32 PM, Balasankar C wrote:
> Hi,

> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently most of my work in Debian is inside the pkg-ruby-extras team,
> where I co-maintain the packages
> 	*  ruby-actionpack-page-caching
> 	*  ruby-crass
> 	*  ruby-cssmin
> 	*  ruby-d3-rails
> 	*  ruby-default-value-for
> 	*  ruby-ejs
> 	*  ruby-fog-voxel
> 	*  ruby-fog-xml
> 	*  ruby-haml-rails
> 	*  ruby-ice-cube
> 	*  ruby-notifier
> 	*  ruby-redis-activesupport
> 	*  ruby-redis-rack
> 	*  ruby-redis-store
> 	*  ruby-responders
> 	*  ruby-sidetiq
> 	*  ruby-version-sorter
> 	*  ruby-rails-i18n
>
> and inside the Debian-IN team where I co-maintain the package
> 	*  fonts-aksharyogini2
>
> I am currently working on packaging different ruby gems that are
> dependencies of the packages 'diaspora' (a decentralized social
> network). and 'gitlab' (git project/repository hosting management
> software)
>
> My QA page:
> <URL:https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=balasankarc%40autistici.org>
>
> My GnuPG key 2E6B7171 is signed by the Debian Developer Praveen
> Arimbrathodiyil.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

I'm happy to support Balasankar's DM request. I have worked with him on
many ruby library packages and sponsored many of his packages. He is
very responsive and quick to learn. I also know him via his
contributions to many Free Software campaigns we did together and his
Malayalam language translations of GNOME. He has the skills to maintain
his packages and he shares the values of debian, so I advocate his
Debian Maintainer role.

Thanks
Praveen