Re: DM application of Ross Gammon

Hi,

since I believe that Ross Gammon has the technical skills needed to
maintain Debian packages I explicitly invited him to apply to become
a Debian maintainer.  Consequently I now advocate his application.

I have sponsored several packages of Ross mainly in the Debian GIS team
in my Sponsering of Blends[1] effort.  Ross has started to become an
important role in the Debian GIS over the last year.  It is nice to see
that he picks one by one package to upgrade the packaging to latest
standards and upstream version since former drivers of Debian GIS are
occupied by real life to much to cope properly for the complex set of
packages.  He plays nicely with Bas Couwenberg (hopefully passing DM
queue soon) and Johan Van de Wauw (hopefully entering DM queue soon) to
enhance the user experience in the GIS field drastically.  I'm
mentioning this cooperation to stress the fact that Ross (and the other
two) are featuring besides their technical skills also good skills in
communication and interaction with each other, upstream and newcomers
on the list.

Please accept Ross as DM and thanks for all your work in the new member
process

       Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB