Re: DM application of Andrew Bartlett

On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 05:01:34PM +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I am part of the team that maintains the samba packages, and
> worked specifically on the merge of the samba and samba4 packages.
>
> I have also proposed (and have had uploaded) the 2.4.5-4+deb6u1 security
> fix for PPP as part of squeeze-lts, and am asking to join Debian as a
> Maintainer to further participate in both samba packaging and the
> debian-lts effort, something I'm glad to say I'm supported in doing by
> my employer Catalyst.
>
> Beyond Debian, I am an upstream developer on Samba.
>
> My GnuPG key fe001d44c8021865 is signed by the Debian Developers
> Francois Marier and Paul Waite
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer.
I believe Andrew has the technical skills needed to maintain
Debian packages. I support his application to become a Debian
maintainer.

I've worked together with Andrew for the last 10 years on upstream
Samba and for the last year or two on the Samba Debian packages.
He is technically very good, great to work with and knows when to
ask for help when he is out of his depth.

Cheers,

Jelmer