Re: DM application of Daniel Jared Dominguez

Jared_Dominguez@dell.com wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 01:07:54PM -0600, Daniel Jared Dominguez wrote:
>>This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
>><URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>>I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
>>Debian Machine Usage Policy, and I agree with all of them. Currently, I
>>maintain the wsl (upload sponsor Don Armstrong) and ledmon (upload
>>sponsor Daf Harries) packages as well as help with testing and enabling
>>Dell hardware support in Debian and Ubuntu. I also have been a Debian
>>user since either slink or potato, although I can't remember exactly
>>which. :) I'm looking to take on maintenance of more packages,
>>particularly at this time systems management related software, as I
>>believe that's currently where I can best contribute. My PGP key
>>0xD97B2BA886A10CC0 is signed by Debian Developers Dafydd Harries and
>>Kumar Appaiah. After many years as a user, I hope to become a DM.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Jared
>
>It's been a while since I've followed up on the NM process, so I thought
>I should reaffirm my intent after a couple recommendations that I do
>this. Since my last declaration of intent, I've also started maintaining
>efibootmgr and efivar. I've also cleaned up the open bugs in Debian and
>Ubuntu for these.
>
>Additionally, since 2011, I've contributed five different major releases
>of Dell OpenManage System Administrator as well as Dell Deployment
>Toolkit and Dell iDRAC Service Module, all ported to Debian and Ubuntu,
>which is available on linux.dell.com. (For licensing reasons, I can't
>currently get these into non-free.) While I do this porting of Dell
>software as part of my job role, where I do all the porting by myself,
>as well as being one of the two main people on my team to work on Ubuntu
>server support, I also exclusively run Debian and Ubuntu and go through
>great lengths to be an advocate for the free software community at Dell.
>In less official capacities, I've worked over the past two years to help
>the cause of making the GNU/Linux desktop more readily available through
>helping Dell's End-User Computing Linux team and contributing to Dell's
>Project Sputnik.
>
>I'm still hoping to increase my contribution to Debian beyond my current
>level. I've been a Debian user for about half my life, so I certainly
>don't see my desire to contribute decreasing. :)

I'm delighted to advocate Jared as a DM. I've been working with him
and sponsoring uploads of efibootmgr for quite a while, and more
recently its new library dependency efivar. He contacted me initially
via #725457 back in October 2013, wanting to help in this area, and
has been very helpful ever since.

Initially, we were co-maintaining but for the last few months he's
been doing all the work and I've just been uploading for him. After a
few minor mistakes in the first couple of iterations of efibootmgr,
Jared learnt well and has worked hard on improving the packages. He's
pushed fixes upstream and built a good relationship there. Right now,
I feel like I'm only holding him back waiting on me to upload things!

I believe Jared is clearly ready to be a DM here.

Is there anybody out there?