Re: DM application of Sebastien Badia

Hi,

On 07/04/14 at 15:43 +0200, Gonéri Le Bouder wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 10:37:40AM +0200, Sebastien Badia wrote:
> > Hi all,
> Hi all,
>
> > This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
> > <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
> I convinced Sebastien Badia has a lot of the skills needed to be a good
> Debian Maintainer, this including the technical knowledge, the social skills
> and the seriousness.

While I haven't worked recently with Sebastien in the context of Debian,
and thus can't formally advocate him for DM, I'd like to weight in a bit
on his application.

I've known Sébastien since 2009, first as a student in the sysadmin
curriculum where I'm teaching, then as a colleague and a friend. Sébastien
is a strong Debian and Free Software supporter, and clearly understands
the values behind Debian. He is involved in a number of pretty cool
projects, such as a do-it-yourself ISP (LDN -- http://ldn-fai.net/), and
the french federation of DIY ISP.

I look forward to Sebastien becoming a DM, and continuing to increase
his Debian involvement.

Lucas