Re: DM application of Alberto Luaces

I don't think that it worked properly, trying as an attachment -- and sorry for
the noise.

Cheers.

Hi,

Just in case that my support is needed as a reply to the second
e-mail...

>Oh, sorry; and thanks for noticing, Anibal.  I did not realize that the
>signature directive in my MUA was position-dependent.  Here it goes
>again:
>
>This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
><URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
>I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
>Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
>Currently, I co‐maintain the package openscenegraph.
>
>My GnuPG key (752DB03B) is signed by the Debian Developer Manuel
>A. Fernández Montecelo (45DCA80E) and by the Debian Maintainer Alberto
>García (890B15B2), soon to be a Debian Developer
>(https://nm.debian.org/public/process/agarcia@igalia.com).
>
>I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
>attention.

I support Alberto's application for Debian Maintainer.

As he says above, he has been co-maintaining OpenSceneGraph with Loic
Dachary and I for a few years now. In general he has been more active
than us in taking care of the package, and managed some of the more
difficult updates by himself.

I met him several times lately and he also intends to contribute to
other packaging efforts in the future.  Above all, he is judicious
when approaching problems and devising solutions, so I trust that he
will be a good Maintainer.

In short, I believe that it will be a benefit for Debian if Alberto
has more powers for autonomous decisions and actions.

Cheers.