AM report for Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Julien
   Last name:       Valroff
   Key fingerprint: 17F4 93D8 746F F011 B845  9F91 210B F2AB 9F71 D449
   Account:         julien
   Forward email:   julien@kirya.net

   ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:

Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
pub   1024D/9F71D449 2005-11-06
      Key fingerprint = 17F4 93D8 746F F011 B845  9F91 210B F2AB 9F71 D449
uid                  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sig!         A1696D2B 2006-07-07  Laurent Fousse <laurent@komite.net>
sig!         F7E8BC63 2006-07-08  Cédric Delfosse <cedric@debian.org>
sig!3        9F71D449 2005-11-06  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sig!3        9F71D449 2005-11-06  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
uid       [ revoked] Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.eu>
rev!         9F71D449 2008-06-07  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sig!3        9F71D449 2007-05-09  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
uid       [ revoked] Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.fr>
rev!         9F71D449 2010-08-24  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sig!3        9F71D449 2006-09-09  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
uid       [ revoked] Julien Valroff <julien@0x7d6.org>
sig!3        9F71D449 2006-01-17  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sig!3        9F71D449 2006-07-08  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
rev!         9F71D449 2006-12-25  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
uid                  Julien Valroff <julien@valroff.fr>
sig!3        9F71D449 2010-03-10  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
uid                  Julien Valroff <jvalroff@april.org>
sig!3        9F71D449 2007-05-23  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
uid       [ revoked] Julien Valroff <j.valroff@wanadoo.fr>
rev!         9F71D449 2006-09-06  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
rev!         9F71D449 2007-03-23  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sig!3        9F71D449 2005-11-06  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sig!3        9F71D449 2007-02-04  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
uid       [ revoked] Julien Valroff <julien@skolelinux.no>
sig!         A1696D2B 2006-07-07  Laurent Fousse <laurent@komite.net>
sig!         F7E8BC63 2006-07-08  Cédric Delfosse <cedric@debian.org>
rev!         9F71D449 2009-03-07  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
rev!         9F71D449 2009-03-15  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sig!3        9F71D449 2005-11-06  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sub   4096R/5B55F84D 2006-07-07 [revoked: 2006-07-08]
rev!         9F71D449 2006-07-08  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sig!3        9F71D449 2005-11-06  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sig!         9F71D449 2006-07-07  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
sub   2048g/AF86BB77 2005-11-06
sig!         9F71D449 2005-11-06  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>

Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
Check for key expire stuff
Valid "e" flag on key 0x210BF2AB9F71D449, no expiration
Valid "s" flag on key 0x210BF2AB9F71D449, no expiration

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

I am 31 yo and live in Remiremont (Vosges), France. I have been working as an
export manager in a textile company for 7 years. Though my job is very
diversified, it has nothing to do with free software…

I discovered Free Software with Apache, PHP and MySQL during my studies of
e-commerce in 1999, and installed my first GNU/Linux machine in 2000.  I have
first used Mandrake, then Red Hat, and discovered Debian +/- 2 years
after. I simply liked the philosophy of the project, and the way it was
organised, and felt in love with apt ;)

My first minor contributions were as a proof-reader in the French l10n team.  I
then submitted my own translations.  I was also the first French coordinator of
Skolelinux, when it was still a tiny project.

I have then worked on packaging software for Debian, without trying to get them
included into the archive, until I discovered rkhunter was not available in the
archive. It was my first package, at that time co-maintained with Micah
Anderson (micah). It was uploaded 5 years ago.

I was accepted as a Debian Maintainer in 2007 and I now maintain 7 packages and
own 2 ITP's for which packages are being worked out.

My main interest in the Debian project goes to packaging, but I am also
interested in QA, but I think I still need to learn before I can be really
helpful in this area.

Becoming a Debian Developer will also offer me the chance to participate to the
life of the project (in clear: I will get voting right), which is very
important to me.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
Julien has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures and
answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good
way. Julien committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his Debian work and accepts
the DMUP.