Re: Debian Maintainer Application for Hideki Yamane

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 11:26:36PM +0900, Tatsuya Kinoshita wrote:
>I'm his sponsor for the jd package since 2006 and think that he
>should be allowed uploading for the reviewed packages.  He will
>be a good Debian Maintainer.

Please tell us why he will (or is) a good package maintainer. :)

[ The following lines were taken from
http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers ]

Debian Developers advocating Debian Maintainer candidates (or
potential Debian Developers for that matter) must go into a bit more
detail in their advocacy.

If the Debian Maintainer candidate has done "a great job", please
explain what "a great job" means -- is there something special the
candidate has done, or is it that whatever the candidate is working
on is particularly important, or is the candidate remarkably
consistent, or what?

What has the candidate actually done that has earnt your trust?
What makes the candidate special compared to the other folks who are
helping Debian? What in particular about the candidate's work should
people lurking on the Debian lists be trying to emulate if they want
to be a Debian Maintainer or a Debian Developer?

For example, if the Debian Maintainer candidate has good packaging
skills, go into a bit more detail about what's convinced you the
candidate has got those skills? Are there any difficult bugs you've
worked together on, or new features the candidate has done a good
job of getting into Debian, or has the candidate been particularly
helpful supporting users, or...?

Très cordialement,

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--
"Freiheit ist immer die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden" Rosa Luxemburg