Re: Time between Dm-Upload-Allowed and ability to upload?

On Mon 2007-11-26 23:00:15 -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

> dpkg probably strips Dm-Upload-Allowed as an unknown field (with a
> warning), you need to prefix it with XS- to get it into the .dsc.

I just verified this.  Here are the warnings i'm seeing during package
creation of a small package:

dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field 'Dm-Upload-Allowed' in input data in general section of control info file
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown information field 'C Dm-Upload-Allowed' in input data in general section of control info file
dpkg-genchanges: warning: unknown information field 'Dm-Upload-Allowed' in input data in general section of control info file

and the .dsc doesn't have DM-Upload-Allowed at all, as predicted.

Switching to XS-DM-Upload-Allowed: yes in debian/control quiets the
warnings and yields a .dsc containing:

Dm-Upload-Allowed: yes

I note the change in case of the "m", though, presumably to conform
with common RFC 822 conventions(?)  Hopefully DAK (and any other parts
of the system that rely on this header) aren't case-sensitive.

Regards,

        --dkg