Re: NM waiting... :)

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> I am not mad but I am somewhat intrigued.

Blame it on real life interfering on my Debian work :(

> comment on mailing list.  I sent a personal e-mail wondering his
> health...  No reply.

Uups... sorry about that :(  They're sitting on the inbox, because I didn't
want to reply to them with a "sorry, you will need another AM", and that was
the only answer I could give you, so far.

> I think even if there is some reason to delay, NM must be informed about
> situation at least once a month from AM.  Is he still alive?  He told me
> on ML that he will do something after debconf.

Actually, I contacted the helpdesk in IRC and told them I would probably
have to drop my NMs because I simply was not finding the time to handle
them.  This happened two weeks ago, I think.  Helpdesk is short on AMs,
though, and even more on AMs that would like to somehow make doc NMs happen
in a more smooth way.  So I was asked to not send you guys a "sorry, can't
do it right now" letter yet, and try to find a way to free up time to AM you
:(

Since then, I RFA'ed fetchmail to free up some debian time, but it was not
enough.  I was trying to free up some time next week, but I can't really
promise that either.

> I hope he is just busy with life.
So far, that's the only problem: got promoted at work, and that ate up 80%
of the work time I could use for Debian (albeit in a restricted way), and
did some very bad things to my spare time otherwise (so I have not managed
to redirect some of that time to Debian yet).

I wonder if I could get you guys going on tasks & skills (which is the
troublesome part of a doc maintainer test), and some other AM handle the
other stuff.  That would speed up matters a lot.

Reply-to set to newmaint list, let's move the thread there.

  Henrique Holschuh