AM report for David Weinehall

AM Report for new developer applicant David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xDC47CA16:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from at least one existing DD, Tollef
   Fog Heen <tollef@add.no>.

   Output from gpg --check-sigs 0xDC47CA16:

,----
`----

   Applicant writes:

,----
| Well, I've been maintainer of the 2.0-kernel of Linux for quite some
| time, I'm an old C64 programmer, but since several year I'lve been
| programming on Linux. I began using Linux and Free Software because I
| grew tired of buggy software and the fact that did not have full control
| over my system.
|
| The reason I want to volunteer time is to give something back. I feel
| that I have something to give.
`----

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   David has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. to my satisfaction, showing a good sense of humour.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   David is upstream maintainer for Linux 2.0, for Debian, he already
   packaged lsmbox, and I had a look at another package of his. Both
   were of good quality, I only could list some nitpicking items to
   fix.

   David also proved his understanding of Debian packaging, by quickly
   converting a package to not use debhelper (or any other helper
   tool).

   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account: tao
   Forward-Email: tao@kernel.org

--
Gergely Nagy